Now a day, it is really important to know the best way to create your own URL shortener for promoting your business online. A lot of websites do not accept URLs that are shortened using “goo.gl”, “bit.ly” or similar kind of URL shorteners. Also, it is not a good practice to use that third party URL shortener when you have your own business and you are ready to promote in a professional way.
If you already have wasted time for this pretty simple task and ready to learn the easiest way to create your own URL shortener, you are in the right place!
Importance of Using Your Own URL Shortener
If you search in Google and notice the lame way to promote business, you will laugh after reading this Article thinking they don’t have any idea about this pretty simple trick. You might also notice, some renowned businesses are being promoted online in a very odd way.
Not sure what I am talking about? Let’s make it clear!
Visit Idealista.com (one of the top ranked classified sites in Europe) and search for homes that are being promoted there by "Airbnb". As “Idealista” do not allow those URL shorteners by goo.gl , bit,ly or others, they are putting URLs in a very lame way that might confuse visitors finding the right property. This also results to reduce traffic in a dramatic way.
Now, you might understand the importance of using your own URL shortener. So, let’s learn the easiest way to create a custom URL shortener for your own business.
As you are a business owner or promoting someone’s business, you or your client should have a website. Like, my website is "www.mustafizz.com". And this is a w
Create Your Own URL Shortener Easily
This is a very easy step by step guide to
- Log in to your W
(If you do not have any wordpress site you can simply buy a” .website” domain from Namecheap in just 88 cents and install wordpress.
- Go to Plugins > Ad New
- Write “Pretty link Lite” on the search box and go for it
- Install And Activate the plugin
- Hover your mouse over the Pretty link Plugin that you just have installed and activated
- Click on “Ad New link”
- Now you will see the box named “Target URL”. Here you need to insert longer version of the
urlthat you want to make shorter.
- The next box is called “Pretty Link”. You can see here, your website name is non-editable but you can write anything you want next to this part. Eg. http://www.mustafizz.com/visitnow
- On the Next box, you can write a name of this shortened version of URL so that you can identify it. Although, it is not mandatory.
- Now, scroll down a bit and Click on the button named “Create”. And here it is!
- You will be able to find your shortened URL on the right side column called “Links”
As your pretty short link is ready to use now, you can use this shortened link anywhere you want. And almost none of the websites will block you. You can leave your link on the top platforms like Facebook, Reddit (considering you understand the importance of Reddit), Digital Point (a very important platform for Forum posting), Quora (a question answers site) and anywhere you wish. This also gives your business a very professional look when you are going to insert the shortened link anywhere on the web!